Every girl’s face needs a breather, no matter your age or lifestyle. And yes, we mean you should go out in public without makeup on (gasp). Surprisingly, taking a day or two without makeup can do wonders for your skin’s health and your own confidence. Aside from its skincare and beauty benefits, we urge you try getting in the habit of going bare faced every so often simply to break your habit of checking your mirror periodically and reapplying layer upon layer of makeup all day long. Here at Daily Beauty Hack we love makeup, but we advocate for living a healthy lifestyle, which basically means we love makeup for the confidence it gives us to go out and live life without having to worry about how we look. Audrey Hepburn said it best, “Happy girls are the prettiest.”
- Makeup, even the natural kind, clogs our pores. Going a day or two without it will let your pores breathe.
- You will have less breakouts if you take regular breaks from makeup. This is because clogged pores leads to sudden breakouts, and makeup will only cause the breakouts to last longer.
- Makeup prevents your skin cream and moisturizer from working as well. When you apply these helpful products without layering makeup on top, they’ll have room and time to work their magic.
- After taking these measures to let your skin breathe and get clean, your natural skin tone will be more smooth and soft. This will ultimately make you makeup go on more evenly.
- You can feel confident with just brushing your eyebrows and applying a little lip balm or gloss.
- After age 25, a makeup-free face will actually look younger.
- You’ll regain an appreciation for natural beauty. Obsessing over your daily makeup routine will cause you to think a naturally beautiful face is something to be ashamed of.
- Your oily skin won’t have to battle thick and creamy foundation that only makes things worse.
- Your dry skin can heal from moisturizer without having to deal with environment-blocking face makeup.
- You’ll enjoy spending less time getting ready in the morning.
Kate Wilke is a 200-RYT yoga instructor, meditation teacher, and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She teaches and works with clients in Nashville, TN. She believes in self-care in the form of colorful, healthy cooking, daily walks with her dog, and a glass of red wine. Follow her on Instagram — @meditatekate