We all have those mornings where we don’t have time to wash and blow dry our hair, but the roots are looking a little shiny. We’ve also been told to refrain from washing our hair every day. It is actually healthier for your hair to go 3-4 days without cleansing it! In order to keep your hair healthy without sacrificing style, try these quick, at-home fixes for greasy hair so you do not have to run out and buy expensive dry shampoo.
1. Sprinkle organic cornstarch on your roots. If you have dark or auburn hair, you can add a dash of cocoa or cinnamon for that shampoo-clean scent. Lighter hair colors can use essential oils.
2. Arrowroot powder is another alternative to cornstarch, and this product pairs well with essential oils. Try adding 10-15 drops of essential oil and mix the powder together.
3. 1 tablespoon of salt with 1/2 a cup of cornmeal works just was well.
4. If you do not have some of these less common ingredients, simply try oatmeal and baking soda. Mix one cup of ground oatmeal with one cup of baking soda.
5. One of the most common age-old tricks for DIY dry shampoo is too simply dabble some baby power on the oily parts of your hair.