The amount of tools you can buy to primp your brows is absurd. With everything from eyebrow brushes to eyebrow fillers, you could waste twenty minutes just on your eyebrows. Instead of buying these fancy tools, see our eyebrow hacks that use items you already have at home.
- Apply an eyeshadow primer to your brows before trying the following tricks. This will keep your brows flawless from morning to night.
- Instead of buying an eyebrow filler, use your darker eyeshadows. Use any shade of brown eyeshadow that closely resembles the shade of your brows. Use either your finger or a brush to apply the shadow to your brow to give it a darker, fuller appearance.
- You can also use your mascara to fill in your eyebrows. When using mascara, keep the pressure light so you don’t accidentally turn your brows black! Gently flick the mascara wand on your brow as you would your eyelashes.
- If you don’t own an eyebrow brush, simply use the fine-tooth end of your comb to straighten out the hairs on your eyebrows.
- You can use a small amount of hairspray after combing your brows to keep them in place.
- Use your eyeliner to carefully and softly fill in some spots on your eyebrows that need more hair. A dark brown pencil will appear more natural than black.
- If you have a piece of hair that sticks too far above the rest of your eyebrow hairs, simply use scissors to snip the top of the hair. Just be careful not to cut it too short.
Kate Wilke is a 200-RYT yoga instructor, meditation teacher, and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She teaches and works with clients in Nashville, TN. She believes in self-care in the form of colorful, healthy cooking, daily walks with her dog, and a glass of red wine. Follow her on Instagram — @meditatekate