One of the pesky things that most women have to deal with are those dimples that show up in the darnest of places. You may not know you have any until you see yourself in a picture…and there it is! From your thighs to your stomach, cellulite is very common but there are some DIY cellulite remedies you can use to help reduce it. Here are eight cellulite remedies you can give a try.
Essential oils and beeswax cream
- 5 drops juniper oil
- 5 drops rosemary oil
- 15 drops frapefruit oil
- 15 drops cypress oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons witch hazel
- 2/4 c. coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- Mix all oils, as well as witch hazel.
- Melt your beeswax and coconut oil over low heat.
- Mix it all together.
- Pour it in a jar. Let it cool.
Salt and brown sugar scrub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Put in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in airtight glass jar.
Coffee and coconut
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Melt coconut oil down
- Set it aside to cool. Don’t let it solidify
- Add in 1 cup ground coffee, 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon in the cooled oil.
- Mix. Store in an airtight container
Coffee and avocado
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 1 cup course brown sugar
- 1 mashed ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash and stir with a fork.
- Use immediately. Avocado will go bad after a few hours.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons caffeinated coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix until blended.
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- olive oil
- Apply olive oil to your problematic spots.
- Scrub on coffee and brown sugar directly.
- ½ cup oil (olive, jojoba, etc.)
- 15 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 15 drops juniper essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- Combine oils and stir
Grapefruit coffee scrub
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup coffee grounds
- ½ cup oil
- 15-20 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Combine ingredients in a bowl
- Stir together into a thick paste.
- You may have to add more oil or sugar in order to get the paste consistency.
- Store in a container with a lid.
To use these cellulite remedies, apply a small amount of oil to damp skin.
Massage oil into the skin with circular movements at least twice a day.
Making these homemade cellulite creams is super simple and will give you a healthy, youthful looking skin that you will love. With bathing suit season in full swing, it’s good to be armed with at least one homemade remedy for your problem areas.
Jessica Walrack is a gal from California who loves to write. She has been freelance writing for 4 years while traveling the world. Jessica specializes in travel, fashion. health, and all things beauty-related.