8 Hair Hacks For Your Prettiest Locks Yet
Let’s face it—we all want beautiful hair. Many of us are constantly on the search for products and ways that we can make our locks look better. This can easily lead us down the road to shelling out too much hard-earned money for expensive hair products. But what if getting amazing hair can be achieved with just a few, simple hair hacks? It can be that easy. In this article, I’ll discuss 8 hair hacks to get your hair looking great with stuff I can usually find around my house.
- Make your hair shinier with aspirin: Adding aspirin to your shampoo may sound weird, but it is effective for breaking down dead skin cells and any product buildup on your scalp. It helps to make your hair shinier for just a few bucks.
- Eliminate dandruff with lemon juice: Dandruff can be an embarrassing and a seemingly unsolvable problem. But instead of trying dandruff shampoo, try using lemon juice. Make a solution of olive oil, juice and water to moisturize the scalp.
- Coconut oil is always the answer: Coconut oil is good for practically everything and it can be your hair’s best friend. Give your hair a coconut oil mask by smoothing it in your hair, allowing it to sit for at least an hour, then washing it out.
- Keep your new color gloss: Using a high-quality gloss helps your hair to keep its color much longer. After washing your hair, put on gloves and mix a palm full of leave-in conditioner with your color gloss. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and wash out.
- Handy hand lotion: Got frizzy hair? Instead of spending tons of money on anti-frizz serums, try using hand lotion. This can be a lifesaver if you’re not at home but have hand lotion in your purse.
- Revive your curls with dry shampoo: Even the curliest curls can get bogged down from weather and daily activities. If you need to revive your curly locks, try using dry shampoo. Lift your hair up at the roots and spritz with dry shampoo for an instant lift.
- Volume boosters—beer and egg: Need an instant volume lift? Try beer and egg. Mix one egg, one teaspoon of oil and ½ cup of flat beer. Leave in your hair for 15 minutes and rinse out with lukewarm water.
- Use milk as a conditioner: The answer to amazing hair may be sitting in your fridge. Using milk as a conditioner adds crazy amounts of shine to your hair. First, apply cold milk to your hair with a brush, or spray it onto your hair. Rinse with a mild shampoo.
Sometimes it seems as if beautiful hair is impossible. You may feel that you have to spend a lot of money on products that will bring out your best hair. But neither of those are true. In fact, just using a few of these simple hair hacks can help you achieve the look you want. It can be as simple as opening your fridge door or reaching into your purse!