Beauty bootcamp: Get glowing skin in time for summer
Gorgeous, glowing skin is as much of a summertime staple as bikinis and fruity frozen cocktails. Whether you’re on the job or at the beach, being able to exemplify the overall feel of summer through the presence of healthy, vibrant and glowing skin is always a must. While you can certainly throw on a bit of highlighter and call it a day, there are a few other awesome ways you can get glowing skin and keep it that way.
- Make sure to exfoliate: Naturally, a good base is key when it comes to keeping your skin gorgeous and glowy. Regularly using a gentle exfoliant to clear your skin of dead skin cells and buff away impurities will help provide a good canvas for any look you’re going for. Doing this will do wonders for bringing life back into dull skin and keeping it luminous and supple.
- Use a dewy foundation: If your skin isn’t too oily to handle it, using a light, dewy foundation is a great way to keep your skin looking gorgeous at all times of the year. If your skin is on the oilier side, try incorporating cream bronzers and blushes into your makeup routine for the same general effect.
- Choose a good moisturizer: A good moisturizer can make or break the look of glowing skin. Make sure that you choose a moisturizer that caters perfectly to your skin type and isn’t too heavy that it weighs you down. If you’re looking to achieve glowing skin through makeup without all of the fuss, a high quality tinted moisturizer should do the trick.
- Highlighters are your best friends: Sometimes, achieving natural radiant skin isn’t possible overnight, but the need to get that beautiful glow doesn’t just go away. Using a highlighter, whether powder, liquid, or cream, on the tops of your cheekbones, nose, and forehead can make your skin appear shimmery and beautifully illuminated.
- Get plenty of Vitamin C: A cup of fresh OJ at breakfast or daily Vitamin C supplements can promote collagen production, the reduction of dark spots, and overall brightness in skin.
- Make those cheeks rosy: Untraditional blushes are all the rage these days, and while they definitely have their, much deserved, place in our makeup collections, it’s the gorgeous more subtle rosy tones that keep your skin glowing. While the specific shade may change depending of the tone of your skin, warm rosy blushes help make your skin look younger and healthier, keeping that fresh glow alive and well.
- Cool it with the hot water: There’s nothing like ending a stressful day with a long, hot shower, but those steaming suds can seriously harm your skin and hinder its ability to shine. Debilitating heat stresses your skin, stripping it of its natural oils and causing mild burns. On young skin, these burns can repair themselves in a matter of minutes but the long-term effects can make your face ruddy and dull over time.
- Try an illuminating concealer: On your dullest skin days, try using a shimmery illuminating concealer under your eyes, around your nose, and on your dark spots after you have applied your foundation to give your skin that extra special glow.
- Keep the toner handy: While it is a step that many of us tend to forget and altogether avoid, using a toner after cleansing and throughout the entire day, not only helps repair and protect your skin, but it can also provide some much needed hydration and bring that mid-day dull skin back to life.
- Don’t forget the rest of your body: With all of that focus on perfecting your face, the rest of your body tends to get put on the backburner. But giving the rest of your skin a beautiful glow is just as important, using the same techniques listed above, remember to keep the rest of your bod glowing and sundress ready.
Professional freelancer in love with all things beauty. When I’m not writing for Daily Beauty Hack I can probably be found hoarding liquid lipsticks, daydreaming about the beach, or binge-watching cheesy teen movies.