Beauty bootcamp: How to hide bruises and scars
Let’s say you have achieved a flawless look through your normal beauty routine except for one thing, you have an unsightly bruise or a scar that you can’t cover up. The good news is, there are several approaches you can take to hide these blemishes naturally. Here are a few tips to hide bruises and scars naturally.
Use makeup to cover bruises and scars
Some pretty amazing things can be done with makeup, and it can work wonders for bruises and scars. Here’s what you need to do.
- Moisturize: Let a non-oily moisturizer absorb into your skin before applying any makeup products.
- Use concealer: Find a quality concealer that blends well with your skin tone in the scarred or bruised area. Carefully apply it while blending gently and watch your bruise or scar disappear.
- Powder: After applying concealer, dust the area with a translucent powder for a perfect finish.
Best products to use
Thick foundations and concealers will stick better and they also have the best color. Liquids, creams, and stick versions are ideal here.
Reduce the appearance of bruises
You can also significantly reduce the presence of bruises with these home remedies.
- Cayenne pepper: Cayenne pepper is one of the oldest tricks to reduce the appearance of any bruising. Just mix one part of the pepper with five parts petroleum jelly. Leave it on the skin for thirty minutes.
- Potatoes: Enzymes found in raw potatoes can help in the dissolving of blood underneath the skin while reducing any swelling. Use a cold, thick piece of potato on the bruised spot or grate the spud and use the paste or juice as a topical.
- Vinegar: Get a piece of cotton soaked in vinegar and gently apply it to the bruised area. This increases blood flow. Massage it in twice a day. Wash the area after thirty minutes.
Bruises form after blood pools in one area. Massage around the area for five minutes four times a day to break up the pool of blood.
Papaya and pineapple
The antioxidants and enzymes in pineapple and papaya are helpful in speeding up the process of healing bruises. You can drink, eat, or apply the juices on the skin.
Help the healing process
Elevate the area after injury has occurred. Use cold packs, rest, and take painkillers with properties that reduce swelling.
Eat foods or take a vitamin C supplement to help in the reabsorption of any collected blood. Strawberries, dark greens, and peppers are all high in this vitamin.
Cover with clothing
If you can, find the right pieces of your wardrobe that will cover the area. You can use shirts, pants, or even accessories like hats, bracelets, scarves and sunlgasses to camouflage harder to cover areas like the neck and wrist.
When you have a special event coming up and you are dealing with a bruise that you were not expecting, try one of these natural ways to hide bruises and scars and possibly eliminate it. If the problem is a scar or if you need the bruise hidden now, makeup and accessories can be a huge help.
Jessica Walrack is a gal from California who loves to write. She has been freelance writing for 4 years while traveling the world. Jessica specializes in travel, fashion. health, and all things beauty-related.