The skin under our eyes is often the first part of the face to show signs of aging, dryness, and dullness. This is due to the skin being incredibly thin and delicate, which is why this area of the face requires a little more TLC. Luckily, we have found some of the best eye cream on the market to help keep your skin moisturized, bright and youthful!
Best for Wrinkles
If you’re looking for an eye cream to help combat wrinkles and signs of aging, find an eye cream with retinol. Retinol is one of the only cosmetic ingredients with scientifically recognized anti-aging properties. This Vitamin-A derivative helps collagen production, which is key to keeping the area under your eyes plump and full.
- Our Pick: Dr. Dennis Gross Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Triple Correction Eye Serum
- Key Ingredients: Phyto-Retinol Blend, Ferulic Acid, Bakuchiol
Best for Dark Circles
Dark circles happen to the best of us. If you’re stressed, not drinking enough water, not getting enough sleep – or if your dark circles are genetic – a good eye cream should be able to help. Look for brightening ingredients, such as Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps brighten skin and inhibits melanin production, helping lighten hyperpigmentation and even out your complexion. The hydrating agent hyaluronic acid is also important, as dehydrated skin is more pigmented. Your circles will appear darker if your skin is not properly moisturized, so it’s a good idea to invest in a hydrating eye cream.
- Our Pick: Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream
- Key Ingredients: Vitamin C, 8 peptides, Cucumber Extract
Best for Sensitive Skin
The skin around your eyes is the thinnest on the body, so if you already struggle with skin sensitivity, choosing the right eye products can be tricky. In order to avoid irritation, dryness, and any unwanted redness, you’ll want to look for an eye-cream which is both unscented and made with a formula as natural as possible. Avoid heavily perfumed eye creams and opt instead for hydrating, soothing formulas.
- Our Pick: Cerave Eye Repair Cream
- Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Marine & Botanical Complex, Ceramides
Best for your 20s
If you’re in your 20s and beginning to develop your skincare routine, a daily eye cream is a must. The best eye creams for young skin prioritize hydration and brightening, as young people often have late-night-induced eye bags and puffiness. When you’re in your 20s, skincare is also about taking steps to prevent aging. Always make sure to remove any makeup before bed and keep your skin nourished and hydrated.
- Our Pick: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
- Key Ingredients: Avocado Oil, Beta-Carotene, Shea Butter
Best for your 30s and 40s
Once you’re in your 30s, look for eye creams with some anti-aging properties. Investing in a retinol eye cream doesn’t just help reduce existing signs of aging but can also help prevent wrinkles occur. By increasing the skin’s collagen production, retinol helps keep the skin elastic for longer, leading to less wrinkles and a smoother, more even skin tone.
- Our Pick: Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Line Erasing Eye Cream
- Key Ingredients: Retinol, Peptides, Niacinamide
Best for on a Budget
We don’t all have the means to buy the best brands or the most expensive beauty items. If you’re looking for a good eye cream at a reasonable price, the key is to check the ingredients list. Prioritize hydration, as the skin under the eyes can dry out easily especially with harsher, cheaper formulas. Good ingredients to look out for are hyaluronic acid, retinol, as well as Vitamins C, E, and K.
- Our Pick: Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel-Cream
- Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Licorice Extract, Vitamin Complex
Best for Sleeping
If you want to avoid that morning under eye puffiness, popping on a quality eye cream before bed can help. Eye creams actually work better at night, as they work alongside your body’s own repair system, upgrading your beauty sleep and giving you bright, moisturized eyes in the morning.
- Our Pick: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex
- Key Ingredients: ChronoluxCB Technology, Sodium Hyaluronate (a form of hyaluronic acid)