Matching foundation colors to an olive skin tone isn’t always easy. Most makeup products are formulated for people with pink or yellow undertones to their skin, and these products can clash with the green-gold notes in an olive skin tone, resulting in an unflattering, grayish color. Luckily, there are foundations out there that are made specifically for olive skin tones. These foundations tend to be a khaki-beige color that works with the olive notes in your skin, and not against them.
Best foundations for olive skin tone
1. NARS Cosmetics’ All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation: NARS Cosmetics have taken a very methodical approach to creating foundation colors that flatter different skin tones. They’ve created foundation colors specifically for medium and medium-dark skin with olive undertones, along with concealer colors to match. This foundation is also oil-free and intended to last the whole day.
2. Georgio Armani Beauty’s Luminous Silk Foundation: The Armani makeup line also features several different makeup shades to match light-medium, medium, and medium-dark skin tones with olive undertones. It’s totally buildable, allowing you to adjust to your desired amount of coverage, and the finish looks unbelievably natural. Reviewers with oily and combination skin types loved the way this foundation didn’t exacerbate their skin problems.
3. EX1 Cosmetics’ Invisiwear Liquid Foundation: EX1 offers several different, olive shades to match various olive complexions. It blurs away imperfections without sinking into fine lines and uses light diffusers to deliver a naturally radiant finish. Best of all, this foundation is super breathable, and won’t clog pores.
4. Bobbi Brown’s Skin Foundation Stick: If you want to get your fix of the stick makeup trend, Bobbi Brown’s stick foundation is a great option. They have several different olive shades to match different complexions, and their products are made specifically to mimic natural skin tones and textures for that no makeup makeup look. This stick foundation is also free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, sulfites, and gluten. Reviewers report that it provides great coverage, and made their skin look great in photos.
5. 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer: If you’re looking for a clean beauty option with light to medium coverage, check out this tinted moisturizer from 100% Pure–which is colored using fruit pigments rather than artificial dyes. Though they don’t offer as many different shades as some conventional brands, they do offer a couple of makeup shades that would suit olive skin tones. And best of all; While the tinted moisturizer blurs away imperfections, aloe, and cucumber work to hydrate and nourish your skin.
6. Clinique’s Even Better Makeup: Clinique has cooked up so many different shades of this medium-coverage foundation that it’d be difficult to find one that didn’t work for your complexion. This foundation has an SPF of 15, with a natural finish and a special antioxidant blend. It’s free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and SLS, oil, and fragrance.
After selecting the perfect foundation for your skin tone, and finding a concealer to match, we recommend choosing a sheer finishing product like 100% Pure’s Bamboo Blur Powder, that works for any skin tone–bypassing the necessity of matching yet another product to your unique complexion.
Camille Bond is a freelance writer based in New York City. She has interned in the film industry and the publishing industry, as well as for a political campaign. When it comes to the world of beauty and wellness, she loves researching natural skincare brands, concocting DIY recipes, and discovering new mediation techniques!