Best Natural Nail Color Brands
Why buy natural nail polish?
If you’re a nail polish lover, you may be hesitant to compromise on your favorite brands. However, conventional nail polishes pose many potential health hazards. Many of the chemicals that are commonly found in nail polish formulas–like butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, and isopropyl acetate–can cause respiratory problems. Meanwhile, chemicals like toulene can damage your vital organs and cause harm to fetuses during pregnancy. And formaldehyde, as most people know, can cause cancer.
Conventional nail polishes also contain plasticizers to give the nail polish its texture; these plasticizers include dibutyl phthalate, which has been banned in the EU because it is thought to disrupt hormone production. Many of the chemical dyes that are commonly found in nail polish are considered hazardous as well.
These are just a few of the potential hazards of nail polish. Luckily, there are plenty of natural beauty brands out there that sell excellent, non-toxic nail colors.
Best natural nail polish brands
We’ve included all the information you need to know about these natural nail polish brands, including the ranking that they have received from the EWG. To learn more about the EWG ranking system and methodology, visit their website.
1. SOPHi Nail Polish by Piggy Paint: Piggy Paint sells a range of cute, non-toxic nail colors for children, but they also have a range of more mature colors for women. Ranging from deep, sensual reds to playful blues, SOPHi boasts an incredible collection of both shiny and matte-finish polishes. Their polishes have received rankings of 1 (meaning that they pose the lowest possible hazard) from the EWG.
2. Suncoat: Suncoat has created three separate lines of nail polish to suit any buyer: A classic, water-based line, a peelable line for easy removal, and a teen-friendly line of bright, spunky colors. They even sell a plant-based nail polish remover, so you can clean your nails without having to worry about chemical exposure. Suncoat’s nail polishes have received rankings of 1 from the EWG.
3. Wet n Wild’s Shine Nail Color: The Shine Nail Color line by Wet n Wild features a rainbow of gorgeous color options, and a wide array of glossy, glittery, and creamy textures. This is an excellent brand for nail art fanatics who want to go non-toxic. Products in the Shine Nail Color line have received rankings of 1 from the EWG.
4. Keeki Pure and Simple: Keeki Pure and Simple has brought us a range of nail colors that are not only non-toxic, but also biodegradable and vegan. Their nail polishes come in a range of bright, cheerful colors–although there are some edgier shades available as well. They also sell a great cuticle moisturizer to soften and neaten your nail cuticles. These nail colors have received rankings of 1 from the EWG.
5. L.A. Colors’ Color Craze Nail Polish: These polishes are super affordable, and non-toxic, and they come in a range of dazzling, glittery shades. They’re an excellent option for nail art lovers who want to create artistic effects. They’re adored by reviewers, who have noted these polishes’ long-lasting effects as well as their brightness. These polishes have received rankings of 1 from the EWG.
Leave a Reply