What Does BHA Do For Your Skin?
Are you familiar with BHA? Short for Beta Hydroxy Acid, BHA is one of the ingredients that you will see in a lot of skincare products. There are some people who are surprised that this this type of acid should be applied to the face at all. Acid has gotten a bad reputation because it can make the skin peel. Some skin experts say that placing one type of acid can be good for the skin, and if you choose BHA, then you are using a good acid for skin.
What is BHA?
BHA is actually known as an exfoliator, but it comes in liquid form. This acid will be essential to do the following.
- Get rid of dead skin cells.
- Remove of dirt and oil that can clog the pores.
- Improves the overall condition of your skin. If you normally have dry skin, expect that it will not be too dry with the use of this mild acid.
Beta Hydroxy Acid is most effective in unclogging the pores of the skin. If you are always having issues with different types of acne because of clogged pores, then you can expect this to help get rid of the oil that may be stuck in the depths of the pores. At the same time, it can effectively get rid of the oil plugs that may be stuck in your pores.
Other Names of BHA
Because of what this mild acid can do, you may have become determined to purchase it, but when that you get to the store, you cannot find what you are looking for. This mild acid can be known by other names too:
- Salicylic Acid
- Benzoic Acid
- Butyric Acid
One of the main concerns of people who are using this product is if it increases the sensitivity of skin to the sun. This can be a problem, but it should not occur when you are using this mild acid.
Incorporating BHA to Your Routine
How should you add this acid to your routine so that you can have clearer and fresher-looking skin? You have to do the following steps in your nightly routine:
- Make sure to cleanse your skin appropriately, so that you can get rid of the things that are causing your skin to be clogged.
- Pat your skin dry.
- Use a toner to get rid of dirt that was not removed by your cleanser.
- Add your BHA, especially to any of the pimples that you may have on your face.
- You can then add serums that will be fully absorbed by your skin.
- Add a thick moisturizer that will help keep in the moisture on your face and increase collagen production all night long.
The skincare routine that you have to do during daytime will be a bit different, but it is essential in order to keep your skin looking young and fresh.
Leave a Reply