DIY Bronzing Butter To Ban Cellulite
Tackle two beauty dilemmas with just one caffeinating body butter. The key component to this homemade butter is to infuse coconut oil with coffee. The caffeine in coffee actively reduces the appearance of cellulite, while the staining nature of dark coffee will give your skin a bronze tint. Get ready for your best summer legs yet! This bronzing and firming butter will also replenish your skin. Coconut oil, as seen in our Hydrating Coconut Oil and Sea Salt Face Scrub, is incredibly moisturizing and good for your skin. The addition of cocoa butter adds a sweet, chocolate scent.
Here’s how to make the DIY Bronzing Butter:
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh ground coffee
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Melt the coconut oil in a double broiler on medium heat. Stir in the coffee and cover. Simmer on low heat for one hour. Strain the coffee-infused coconut oil with a cheesecloth. Make sure the oil is in liquid form when straining.
- Return the double broiler to low heat and melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and honey together.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Pour the melted butter into a muffin tin, pan, or ice cube tray. Cool until hardened.
- Use the body butter cubes for up to a year!
Kate Wilke is a 200-RYT yoga instructor, meditation teacher, and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She teaches and works with clients in Nashville, TN. She believes in self-care in the form of colorful, healthy cooking, daily walks with her dog, and a glass of red wine. Follow her on Instagram — @meditatekate