We talk a lot about baggy eyes and pesky dark circles here at Daily Beauty Hack. We can test remedy after remedy to try and reverse tired eyes in the morning, but the best solution is to prevent them from appearing in the first place. The best way to do this is to use an anti-aging eye cream every night before you go to bed. This DIY Coconut Oil Eye Cream has vitamin E, which is essential for fighting premature aging and for tightening the skin. Evening primrose oil, which is also included, softens skin, diminishes fine lines and dark circles and reduces inflammation and skin irritation. Coconut oil will help these vital ingredients soak into the skin so you end up with soft, energized eyes all day long.
Here’s how to make the DIY Coconut Oil Eye Cream.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 5 capsules of vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp evening primrose oil
- Container for storage
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Puncture the capsules of vitamin E and combine the oil with the coconut oil.
- Stir in the evening primrose oil until the mixture is completely even.
- Pour the eye cream into a container and store in the fridge overnight. You can begin using the eye cream the next day.
Kate Wilke is a 200-RYT yoga instructor, meditation teacher, and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She teaches and works with clients in Nashville, TN. She believes in self-care in the form of colorful, healthy cooking, daily walks with her dog, and a glass of red wine. Follow her on Instagram — @meditatekate