DIY Coffee Hair Dye
Kate Wilke, 8 years ago 0 1 min read
Forget spending money on hair dye, let alone getting it done at the salon. Coffee is a powerful way to color your hair, while also being all-natural. This DIY coffee hair dye will darken your hair and leave it soft and shiny for an overall healthy glow that you can’t get from boxed color. Artificial hair dyes contain thousands of chemicals, many of which are carcinogenic. Aside from being all-natural, coffee will also strengthen your hair for lasting health.
Here’s how to make the DIY coffee hair dye.
- Strong organic coffee, or espresso
- 2 cups leave-in conditioner
- Brew a strong organic coffee or espresso. Let the coffee cool down completely in the refrigerator. Save your coffee grounds.
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of leave-in conditioner, 2 tablespoons of organic coffee grounds, and 1 cup of the cold coffee.
- Once the mixture is even, apply to your hair and leave in for one hour. Place a towel around your shoulder so you don’t spread the dye on any clothing or countertops.
- After one hour, rinse your hair for a chocolate color.
Kate Wilke is a 200-RYT yoga instructor, meditation teacher, and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She teaches and works with clients in Nashville, TN. She believes in self-care in the form of colorful, healthy cooking, daily walks with her dog, and a glass of red wine. Follow her on Instagram — @meditatekate
Leave a Reply