Have you seen those amazing headboards on Pinterest? There is a very good chance that you have, and you are searching for a way that you can have one of those amazing looking headboards. You have two options. The first option is to work hard and save your money, so you can purchase your dream headboard. The second option is to create your very own DIY upholstered headboard.
The second option is always more appealing because it does not have to cost a lot of money, and it can be fun. You know that the effort you are going to put into it may be a bit nerve-wracking. One thing that you should remember is that doing a DIY upholstered headboard is not as hard as you may think it is. If done correctly, you will end up with a beautiful looking headboard.
You cannot expect to create your dream headboard if you do not have the right materials. Here are the materials that you will need (more or less):
- Wood (The size will depend on how big you would like the headboard to be)
- A peg board
- Upholstery weight fabric
- Trellis wire
- Spray adhesive
- Other decorations you may want
Once you have all of the materials available, you can start building the frame of the headboard. This may be one of the hardest things that you have to do because you cannot make it appropriately without the right tools. If you do not have the right power tools, you can borrow from someone else who has the tools. You may also purchase your own if you would like to DIY more often.
Here are some tips to remember:
- The size of your bed frame should be the same as your bed.
- The height of your bed frame will depend on how high you want it to be. If you want a dramatic DIY upholstered headboard, then go higher.
- Plan out the placements of the buttons that you are going to place on the headboard. You need to apply both vertical and horizontal buttons. Plan out where you are going to place them beforehand. You can mark where the buttons will be.
- You need to apply the foam to the front portion of your frame. Once the foam is properly attached, you can place it face down on the batting that you have prepared.
- Make sure that you will apply the batting in place. If you want to make sure that it will never move, you can use a staple gun to apply them properly.
- In order to apply the buttons, you need to use a trellis wire. Even if you would attempt to sew it, it will not work. Spare yourself the trouble, and just use the proper trellis wire. This can be a bit tricky too, but once you get the proper technique, you will not find it too hard to do.
Remember that your main goal with your DIY upholstered headboard is to make yourself proud every time you see it because you have created something intricate from your very own hands.