The Only Dry Hair Treatment You’ll Ever Need
Lots of us have dry hair. You may have tried to improve it and make it better, but even with all of the treatments you have done, nothing seems to work. Having a bad hair day can always affect your mood. No matter how clear and fresh your skin currently is, you still have issues with your hair being too dry. What if you were told that there is only one dry hair treatment that you will ever need, would you try it? Of course you would! To do this treatment, all you need is coconut oil.
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is known to be a miracle substance that works for almost everything that you may need. It can be used for the skin and the hair. It contains all of the vital components that make it a miracle ingredient that you should like to have on hand. It contains vitamins and minerals that your hair needs for a dry hair treatment.
Using Coconut Oil on Your Hair
Now that you know coconut oil can be good for treating your dry hair, here’s how to reap it’s benefits.
- Warm the coconut oil in the microwave, or you can also heat it in a pan. Just remember not to place it over high heat because this can be bad for the coconut oil by causing it to begin breaking down.
- Use enough coconut oil to coat your hair. The amount will depend on your hair length.
- Massage the coconut oil on your scalp first. Once you are sure that you have reached all parts of your scalp, then place it on the rest of your hair.
- Some people prefer placing coconut oil on damp hair because they feel that the oil spreads better that way.
- Use a comb to evenly distribute the coconut oil through the rest of your hair.
- Put a shower cap over your head and make sure that all of your hair is inside the cap.
- Leave the cap on the hair for about 30 minutes if you are doing this treatment during daytime. If you are going to do this at night, leave it on overnight. This can be an effective dry hair treatment that will deeply condition your hair.
- Shampoo your hair, and make sure that there is no residue left behind. Coconut oil may be removed from the hair better if you use warm water.
In case you are in a rush and just want to improve your hair’s condition temporarily, you may use coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner. Just make sure to only use a bit, so that your hair will not be too oily.
What do you think? Is this a dry hair treatment that you would like to try? Remember that coconut oil comes with a lot of other benefits too!