Eat Spinach For Clear Skin & Strong Hair
Eat Spinach For Clear Skin & Strong Hair
You’ve heard it said a thousand times: eat your spinach, it’s so good for you! Yes, you know that it provides several vitamins to your body, it boosts your iron levels and brain power, it improves your vision, and it acts as a great cleanser for your blood and digestive system. Maybe you’ve even stopped listening because you’ve heard it so many times. But here’s something that perhaps you didn’t know: spinach is amazing for your beauty regimen. See how you can improve your appearance today with this one simple ingredient.
Spinach Clears Acne & Prevents Wrinkles
If you want to smooth irritations or inflammations of your skin by using spinach, there are a couple options.
- First, you could make a skin mask that has anti-aging properties like vitamins A, K, and C. All you need to do is blend some spinach, honey, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Find full recipe here.
- Or if you don’t have time to relax and have a spa day, you can eat spinach for clear skin. Try a smoothie! You will forget it’s healthy once you taste how good it is: blend spinach, avocado, kiwi and coconut water and enjoy. This recipe and other green, spinach-infused smoothies can be found here.
Not to mention spinach contains vitamin B, which protects skin from the rays of the sun, and can prevent skin cancer.
- Create an easy spinach scrub to heal dry skin by blending one cup of sugar, half a cup of spinach, one tablespoon of olive (or coconut) oil, and five drops of peppermint essential oil. Scrub onto skin, let set a few minutes, then rinse off.
You’ll have healthy, glowing skin in no time.
Spinach Promotes Hair Growth
Because spinach is so packed full of vitamins, it’s essential to combating weak and thinning hair. Lack of oxygen is one of the causes behind hair falling out or splint ends. The iron in spinach strengthens your red blood cells, which carry the oxygen, and thus repairs and grows healthy locks. Wearing a spinach mask just once a week on your head before normal shampooing and conditioning can give you the great, silky-smooth hair you’ve always wanted.
- Blend one cup of spinach leaves, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of olive (or coconut) oil in a blender, until not too thick or runny. Apply to hair and leave on for half an hour to one hour, depending on your schedule, and be on your way to radiant, soft hair.
- To stimulate hair follicles, try this mask: cook three cups of chopped spinach in small amount of warm water for 2-3 minutes. Move to a blender, and add two tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves. Blend until smooth, and apply to scalp. Leave on for thirty minutes and then rinse.
Spinach Slims You Down & Curbs Hunger
No matter what your size or weight goals are, spinach can benefit you. Whether you’re trying to lose some pounds, maintain your current weight, or build muscle, spinach helps in all those areas. You can feel beautiful regardless of your body type! If you dislike the taste of spinach, maybe a salad isn’t the best choice for you. The key is to be sneaky about it. Hide it in other foods so you can still reap the benefits, but disguise the flavor.
- Try making a frittata, using eggs, spinach, mushrooms and feta cheese, as seen here.
- Or add some kick to your diet with spicy spinach quesadillas, featuring pepper-jack cheese and spicy salsa, found here.
Spinach Strengthens Eyesight & Protects Retinas
With all the vitamins and antioxidants in spinach, it basically acts as sunscreen for your eyes. Including spinach in your diet regularly will improve your vision, prevent eye disease and protect your eyes as natural sunglasses. Better vision equals more confidence, and makes you feel more beautiful! It may even decrease your need for glasses or contacts (contact your doctor).
- Use spinach in an eye cream nightly to start enjoying the benefits. Mix together ¼ cup of coconut milk, two tablespoons of spinach juice (from freshly juiced spinach), and two tablespoons of avocado oil. Store in fridge and shake before use. Apply to under-eye area and lids and sleep with it on. Rinse off in the morning.
- To make your eyes brighter and reduce puffiness, or under-eye bags, try this method. Beat a bowl full of spinach with a mortar and pestle. Let the reduced spinach set over your eyes for thirty minutes. Follow this treatment twice a day for maximum eye benefits.