Gone are the days when it would be up to the boy to ask the girl to the prom. Girls can now contemplate how to ask a boy to prom successfully. For boys, the girls that would ask boys to prom can be scary and exciting for them. You already know who you want to ask, but you have no idea how you are going to do it. There are some tips you have to remember about how to ask a boy to prom.
How to ask a boy to prom:
- Make sure that he does not have a prom date yet. If he has already said yes to someone, or he has already asked someone else, he is bound to say no to you.
- Have an idea what the guy likes. What are the things that the guy finds interesting? You can create a prom proposal based on his interests.
- Always be prepared that you might be rejected. You will feel ecstatic when he says yes, but if he says no, do not worry because it is not the end of the world.
Unique ways to ask a boy to prom:
- Have some post-its ready, so that you can ask. There are different ways that you can use the typical post-it. It will be up to you to choose how you are going to use it. Just make sure that it is one of the first things that he will see, so that you can get his answer immediately.
- If you are having coffee together, you may stick a note on his mug so that you can get his answer even before he starts sipping on his coffee.
- Why not give a fortune cookie to the guy that you want to ask to prom, and when he breaks it, he will see the fortune plus your question. It will be a cute way for how to ask a boy to prom, right?
- While having lunch with this boy in school, pop this question randomly. Make sure that you will keep cool while asking the question. If you can barely eat, he might notice.
- Allow your friends and his friends know about your plan so that the proposal will be bigger than he expected. He might feel shy about it, but he may say yes more.
If you have already gotten the positive answer that you want from him, then you can focus on details that will make you look your best, like your makeup.
DIY Prom Makeup Tips:
- It is best to layer powder blushes and creams, explains celebrity makeup artist Vanessa Scali. She mentions that this way will give the color more dimension and staying power. Dry or oily areas will result in an uneven application.
- Consider the color of your dress. The more that your makeup fits the color of your dress, the better your overall look is going to be.
- If you are going for a smokey eye look, keep the color natural for your blush and go for a light lipstick. This will give more emphasis to the eyes.
- Select a foundation that matches your skin and blend well along the jawline. Apply it to the areas of the face that are discolored or have blemishes. This prevents the “pancake” look.
Now that you have learned how to ask a boy to prom, plus a lot of other details, you can just enjoy. Prom is one of those special events that is hard to forget.