There are different reasons why you may be experiencing cystic acne. Perhaps you are feeling stressed out about the things that you are going through. You may feel like you are going through so much, but you are not getting anything in return. There are different reasons why you may feel stressed, and you may become even more stressed when you see a cystic pimple that has formed on your face. You cannot help but wonder how to get rid of a cyst?
What Does A Cyst Look Like?
There are some characteristics that can make a cystic pimple easy to distinguish:
- It is super inflamed.
- When you touch it, it is soft.
- Even though it seems like it has a head, you will find it hard to pop it.
In order to know how to get rid of a cyst, here are some of the steps that you should follow.
- Wash your face and exfoliate first to make sure that your skin is clean.
- You can place some ice cubes on a clean cloth and use it to take down the inflammation of a pimple. Remember that the maximum time that you can place the ice on the face is about 10 minutes.
- Apply benzyl peroxide so that you can get rid of the bacteria that is trapped inside the pimple. Remember that in applying benzyl peroxide, make sure to apply thinly. If you place it too thickly it may be bad for the skin. When you feel like your skin is burning you know that you have applied too much. You can remove and apply it thinly the next time. In order to protect the surrounding area of the skin, you may apply moisturizer all over your face first.
- Remember that this process is best done at night. Your pimple will need to dry up overnight, so that it will have time to heal.
How to get rid of a cyst before it appears
- Be more conscious of the foods that you eat. Do you know that there are certain food products that can worsen your cystic pimple? Eat food products that are high in zinc, fiber, and Vitamin A.
- Make sure that you change your pillowcase and your towel. When was the last time that you changed them? If you have not changed them for months, that may be the ultimate cause of your cystic pimple.
- Try to relax more. As mentioned earlier, stress is primarily the reason why pimples may appear more on your face. If you can relax more, then you will be rewarded with clearer and healthier looking skin.
- Do not pop your pimples. Even if you are extremely tempted to start popping your pimples, you should know that this will only spread the bacteria. It will also make the area more inflamed, so that you will find it harder to hide it.
With all of these tips about how to get rid of a cyst, remember that having a good skincare routine will make a lot of difference.