We’ve all accidentally dropped our makeup on the floor, or we order it online and it comes in pieces. If you haven’t experienced this tragedy, then it’s only a matter of time before you do. Life happens, but we can’t let that get in the way of our beauty routine. When powdered makeup breaks apart, instead of throwing it out and buying a new product, try our clever hack to repair it back to new.
- Plastic wrap
- Cotton swab, eyeshadow brush, or something similar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Lay the plastic over the broken makeup, but not so tight that you can penetrate it with your utensil.
- Okay, now’s your time to lash out your anger at your powder for breaking, because you need to break it up even more into tiny pieces. Break up the makeup with either a cotton swab, eyeshadow brush, or something similar until it becomes like the consistency of powdered sugar.
- Remove the plastic and add drops of rubbing alcohol until all of the makeup appears soaked. Wait a few minutes for all of the liquid to soak up before the next step.
- Once all of the rubbing alcohol has soaked in, use your utensil to put the makeup back together. Pack it in flat until it looks as good as new. Allow the makeup to sit for twenty-four hours before using again.