A curling wand is one of the best options for women who want to curl their hair. There is no need to go to a salon to get your hair styled into a curly shape, and you do not need to pay out extra money for the service. A lot of women prefer to use a curling wand for its practicality, ease of use, and creating curls without any complicated steps.
Although it seems easy, there have been many people that curl their hair the wrong way which leads to breakage. Some people, who don’t know how to use a curling wand, probably misread the directions. Others, that may have skimmed through the manual (or ignore it altogether), blame it on the wand. Nevertheless, the main reason for hair damage or failed curls are actually from the users themselves. Thus, it is important to read the user’s manual carefully before proceeding.
The most common mistake made with curling wands is the direction of the wand on the user’s hair. They usually do it randomly. They do not make sure that the direction they curl the hair is consistent. It should be in line with the first stroke.
Another mistake is not starting at the root of the hair. This method results in a longer lasting curl. It is important to spiralize the wand away versus toward the head. This method will only worsen the style of the hair, compromising the volume.
How to Use a Curling Wand
Does a curling wand need a proper method to get successful curls? Here are tip about how to use a curling wand.
- The first step is to hold your curling wand with the right hand. Turn the wand upside down over the left side of your head.
- Pinch your hair at least 0.5 inches to 1 inch for each section of hair and then hold this section to the front of your curling wand. Be careful to avoid the heat. Take the free hand and wrap the hair around the wand. Make sure that the wrapped hair on the wand is angled away from the face.
- Hold the curled hair around the wand for a few seconds and allow the curls to cool. Repeat for the remaining hair on the left side. Afterward, you can pin the hair you have just curled by using a bobby pin to hold those curls in place.
- The next step you have to do is to switch your hand and repeat the same process on the right side. If your preference is to have more loose curls, do not have to pin down your curls. Drop them like its hot!
- Complete your style. When the style is complete, you will be left with a very tight head of spiral curls. Set your style by lightly spraying the hair with a setting spray. Fluff the curls to keep them from clumping together.
Be patient in applying these methods on how to use a curling wand so that you can get the perfect curls for your hair!