Exfoliating with a good homemade facial scrub is a double-edged sword in the summer. The sun completely bakes our skin, and we want to get rid of the dead skin cells stuck on our face to look our best, but doing this also increases our sensitivity to the sun. Yikes! What to do? Exfoliate away, but we recommend doing it early in the week so your weekends can be spent in the sun and sand.
Here’s how to make this delightful Hydrating Coconut Oil and Sea Salt Face Scrub.
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 Tsp of finely ground sea salt
- 2 Tsp of course sea salt
- 2 drops of your favorite essential oil (Optional)
- Combine ingredients and mix well
- Apply the mixture to your clean, dry skin. Gently massage over your skin, being careful not to get anything in your eyes.
- After 30-60 seconds, wash the scrub off with a cool washcloth.
That’s all there is to it. Like we said, try to avoid the sun for a couple days after this type of deep cleaning. Your skin is going to be a touch more sensitive, so it’s best just to be careful.