Improve Your Beauty Routine With Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender, that time-honored flower that can do everything from lift moods to treat bug bites. Common lavender comes from the flower Lavandula. Its soothing scent, along with its antiseptic and anti-inflamatory properties, have made it a popular addition to soaps, bath oils, perfumes and lotions. If you haven’t tapped the potential of lavender essential oil for your beauty routine, now’s the time.
Lavender For Your Skin
Sometimes it seems like there’s nothing lavender can’t do in terms of skincare. Try these common treatments for improved skin in no time:
- Apply to minor blemishes to clear up acne. Lavender oil’s antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties make it a great acne treatment. Though if your breakouts are cystic (meaning large and deep under the skin’s surface), you may need to see a dermatologist.
- Use it as a general toner to purify the skin. Its antioxidants will improve your skin. Add about 15 drops to about one quarter cup of distilled water.
- Lavender oil can clean up insect bites by reducing itching and swelling. Apply directly to the bite.
- Apply it to Eczema rashes. It will sooth and hydrate the skin.
- Also, apply it to burns for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Thanks to lavender oil, your skin could be clear and flawless in no time.
Better Hair Through Lavender Treatments
One of the main hair care properties of lavender oil is that it can help treat hair loss. Add 30 drops to 4oz of a carrier oil like jojoba and massage the mixture into your scalp and hair for a few minutes to promote blood circulation to the scalp. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then rinse well. You may notice thicker, fuller hair as the scalp becomes more balanced and moisturized and your hair becomes less prone to breakage.
A similar treatment can help with dandruff, Alopecia Areata (hair loss in patches), and head lice.
Increase Positive Moods And Sleep
There is the old saying that sleep and relaxation are the best tools for beauty. Reducing insomnia and stress will cut back on bags under the eyes, it could make hair fuller and less prone to falling out, will reduce wrinkles and overall it will keep you looking fresh and vibrant.
Lavender has long been used in aromatherapy to treat insomnia, depression and anxiety. You can use lavender oil in a variety of ways if you’re looking to get the smell of it. Add 15 drops of lavender oil to a boiling pan of water and breathe the steam for an instant relaxer. Put a couple daps of the oil on the edge of your pillow to promote sleep. Dap the oil on your chest or under your ears to take the scent with you throughout the day.
With all these tips, you’ll join the generations of people who have sworn by lavender oil for a variety of beauty and wellness treatments.