The latest trend in the beauty industry is to have full lips. When you see celebrities with rosy, plump lips, do you ever wonder how are their lips always so perfect? That is because they undergo a cosmetic tattoo procedure called lip blushing. This semi-permanent treatment enhances your lips and makes them look more appealing without undergoing plastic surgery.
Before Lip Blushing
Before lip blushing, women invested heavily into lip lining, injections, and other lip fillers to get fuller lips. However, with a solid list of pros, they have their cons too. Some of the cosmetic methods for lip enhancement are listed below:
Lip Lining –
Many women young and old use a lip pencil to define the outline of their lips. The problem with this technique is that you often run the risk of over-lining your lips so you will have the visible appearance of where your lips stop and where you wish they would stop or underlining which, arguably even worse than over-lining your lips, will make them look smaller.
Lip Injections –
Lip injections are also known as dermal fillers and are used to increase the size of your lips. The biggest drawbacks to lip injections are their short-term utility (6 months to 1 year) and the potential of ending up with asymmetrical lips.
Lip Fillers –
As the name suggests, lip fillers are injectables used to fill up your lips and enhance your lip features such as the cupid’s bow. Lip fillers can have a dramatic effect if done carelessly and can result in major swelling or even infection. However, if lip fillers are done correctly by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, your lips can look natural and will heal in a few weeks with minimal side effects.
What is Lip Blushing?
Now let’s talk about lip blushing. It’s almost every girl’s dream to look good without putting in a lot of effort. Except for a few lucky women, many of us have to use lipsticks, lip glosses, lip liner, and other lip products to get the outcome we desired. Talk about a ton of energy, right? For most of us, our lips are naturally paler without clearly defined edges
Lip blushing is a technique that enhances your mouth using pigments and colors that match your skin tone. Lip blushing is a temporary cosmetic tattoo with multiple benefits such as:
- Lip blushing color corrects your lips
- Lip blushing makes your lips look plump and fuller
- Lip blushing enhances your natural lips
In short, lip blushing is a solution to all your make-up worries. It relieves you of the troubles of painting your lips with color, balm or gloss every now and then, so they may look more attractive and save you some extra time.
Why should you consider doing lip blushing?
Similar to a tattoo you would usually get on your body, lip blushing is a cosmetic procedure that is a great investment. The fact that you do not have to cover your disfigured lips with any makeup is absolute magic, and the results speak for themselves.
These are the same lips after lip blushing, but they look completely different than before. This procedure lasts for an average of 1 to 5 years and leaves you with shiny, fuller, rosy looking natural lips.
Advantages of Lip Blushing:
- Prominent lips with NO injections or fillers
- Many colors available to match up with your lip tone
- Restores your lip’s natural color with a more vibrant touch
- Although there is no need for you to wear lipstick after lip blushing, the procedure does not stop you from wearing one if you wanted to
After Lip Blushing:
Are you wondering what happens after your lip blushing procedure? Here’s what you can expect afterwards:
- The procedure itself can be slightly painful. Again, the discomfort totally depends on your own threshold. However, a numbing cream is applied to the lip area to make you suffer the least.
- Lip Blushing needs maintenance. You need to touch it up to keep it going strong.
- Healing can be a bit itchy, but it’s usually minimal and there is nothing to be worried about.
- No immediate result, which means you need to be patient with the color of your lips as they heal. The color might appear very pigmented at first, but trust the process. The color is going to fade by 40% of its actual color at the time of the procedure.
If you are low maintenance and hate applying and re-applying colors, then lip blushing is the thing for you. Go for it and live a hassle-free life!