Women of color can have drab and dull skin too, but so many beauty companies don’t even bothering to cater to our beauty needs, which is why at-home solutions to brighten our complexions are so important.
Summer is here, but many of us are still dealing with winter skin, and this little trick is going help wake our skin up and get us looking our best. Be warned, though, this treatment will act as a skin bleaching agent if you aren’t careful, so unless you want to look like Iggy Azalea then you shouldn’t over-expose your skin.
Tomato & Lemon with Honey Facial Treatment
- Juice of one medium tomato
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice the tomato
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon of honey
- Apply the mixture to your face, being careful to avoid the eyes (It burns!)
- Massage the mixture into any areas of hyper-pigmentation
- After 5 minutes wash your wash with lukewarm water
That’s all. Like we said, don’t leave it on your skin too long or it’s going to bleach out your skin tone. It can also dry out your skin if left on too long, which is going to make you susceptible to sun damage.