The Best DIY Masks For Weekend Skin Recovery
Weekends usually include at least one not-so-good-for-you habit like drinking, staying up all night, or eating junk food. Finding natural beauty comes at a cost, but it would be unrealistic to completely cut out all our vices. Luckily, these DIY face masks can reverse some of the damage we did on the weekend, and they will also provide protection for the upcoming week. So kick Monday in the butt and try one of these rejuvenating masks!
Hydrating Coconut Oil and Sea Salt Face Scrub
This mask gets rid of dead skin cells for bright skin, while also hydrating with coconut oil for softer skin.
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 Tsp of finely ground sea salt
- 2 Tsp of course sea salt
- 2 drops of your favorite essential oil (Optional)
- Combine ingredients and mix well
- Apply the mixture to your clean, dry skin. Gently massage over your skin, being careful not to get anything in your eyes.
- After 30-60 seconds, wash the scrub off with a cool washcloth.
2-Ingredient Skin Brightener
This mask does it all. It will brighten and moisturize skin while it exfoliates dead skin cells, leaving you with a fresh complexion. Honey naturally hydrates your skin and is packed with antioxidants to help prevent early aging.
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix the yogurt and honey in a bowl until combined.
- Apply the mask to your face evenly.
- Leave on for 7 minutes before rinsing completely.
This mask can remove your blackheads while exfoliating and cleansing. Honey hydrates your skin and provides antioxidants for anti-aging.
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix together the baking soda and honey in a bowl.
- Stir until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Apply the mask to your entire face or to just the areas where you want to remove blackheads.
- Leave on your face for 15-20 minutes and then wash clean.