There’s nothing quite as relaxing as a soak with some bath salts. Made to mimic natural mineral baths and hot springs, bath salts are like a trip to a mountain right in your bathtub. Bath salts can make water softer, increase cleansing, help with natural exfoliation and soften calloused skin. What could be better?
Adding aromatherapy blends, that’s what. It’s easy to make your own customized aromatherapy bath salts with some essential oils. As a base, you’ll need a cup of Epsom salt, a cup of sea salt and half a cup of baking soda. Combine those ingredients and then add in your desired oils equaling twenty drops, more or less if you wish. Use half a cup of the mixture for each bath. Below are several aromatherapy bath salts for the most soothing soak of your life.
- Orange/clove: This is a popular aroma for when you need to feel uplifted and strengthened. Add ten drops of orange oil and ten drops of clove oil.
- Sandalwood/sage: Need a boost that’s more on the wise, spiritual side? Add fifteen drops of sandalwood oil and five drops of sage for a meditative bath.
- Sage/tea tree: If you need to feel calm and balanced, combine ten drops of sage oil with ten drops of tea tree oil.
- Lavender/rose: For the ultimate in relaxation, add ten drops of rose oil and ten drops of lavender oil.
- Peppermint/rosemary: For a quick boost of energy, add fifteen drops of peppermint oil and five drops of rosemary oil.
- Eucalyptus/peppermint: Need to clear out your sinuses? Add ten drops of eucalyptus oil and ten drops of peppermint oil.
- Bergamot/lavender: For a quick mood boost, combine ten drops of bergamot oil with ten drops of lavender oil. Both are the ultimate feel good scents.
- Lemon/rosemary: If you need a mental clearing, add ten drops of lemon oil and ten drops of rosemary oil. Both are great for perking up the mind.
- Eucalyptus/lavender: This is great for general relaxation. Add fifteen drops of lavender oil and five drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Orange/grapefruit: There’s nothing quite as invigorating as the scents of citrus. Double it up with ten drops of orange oil and ten drops of grapefruit oil.
- Rosemary/sage: Here’s another great recipe for a mental boost. Combine fifteen drops of rosemary oil with five drops of sage oil.
- Peppermint/orange: Both mint and citrus scents are great for a pick-me-up, so harness the power of both. Combine ten drops of both peppermint and orange oils.
- Lavender/vanilla: An easy way to relax is the classic combo of lavender and vanilla. Add ten drops of each.
- Chamomile/lavender: For another good way to relax, combine ten drops of chamomile oil and ten drops of lavender oil.
- Bergamot/lemon: Here’s another way to lift your mood. Add ten drops of each oil.