For a few women out there who feel that their long hair gets in the way of everything, that it requires too much maintenance or just simply bored with it; there is news for you. Updos for long hair is the trend right now.
If you are suffering from the frizzes and fly-aways, the great news is that you are leading the trend! It is all in knowing the right style to opt for. If you have less than perfect styling skills and the idea of styling your long hair gets you tangled up, here are some suggested updos for long hair which would not only make your hair look good but are easy and quick to do. The updo you choose would be dependent on the style you want.
Updos for long hair
This style is one of the most romantic yet elegant updos for long hair which is the perfect option for long hair.
- First, pull your hair into a ponytail.
- Create a loose braid which would be wrapped into a bun.
- Pull out all the different sides of the braid to make the hair look like petals.
- Lastly, secure the updo with bobby pins.
- Twisted Low Bun
Symmetrical styles always result in cute updos for long hair. With only three products, follow these simple steps so you can whip up a simple, yet super-elegant updo in less than five minutes.
- Start off with dry hair and pull the hair into a ponytail toward the back ending at the nape of the neck. Use elastic to make sure the ponytail is secure.
- Divide the ponytail into 2 sections and twist until you reach the hair ends.
- Wrap the twist around the base of the ponytail. Continue this pattern until you form a bun.
- Secure with bobby pins and finish the style with hairspray.
The messy bun might look effortless but when you actually try to create one, you will find how strategic it actually is.
- Brush the hair to avoid tangles and knots. You can use a volumizer root spray as an option.
- Create a high ponytail at the crown. If your hair is really long, tip your head upside down to make the process easier.
- Once you have it secured, divide the hair into 2 sections and start twisting the hair around into a bun securing with a bobble.
- Pull out a few strands around the face and tease the bun for more volume. Play around the shape of the bun to heighten the messy look and finish off with a light hairspray for keeping the hair in place.
The French twist is simply a classic! This asymmetrical style looks difficult to create but it is actually simple.
- Pull the hair to the side instead of the back as if you were going to create a side ponytail.
- Begin to roll the hair into a French twist. The key is keeping the twist low.
- Hold the base of the roll and secure it using bobby pins as you are twisting it upwards. It is a perfect option long hair.
As the name suggests, this hairdo is pretty easy to accomplish.
- Create a ponytail by putting it through a bobble. If you do not know how to do this, think of tying a wide knot. However, you will be leaving a longer tail.
- Wrap the leftover hair around the knot which you created and secure it with bobby pins.
So, if you are looking for updos for long hair, you can easily choose between these options depending on the type of look you want to achieve.