If you would like to have a creative Halloween costume that can make you look amazing and scary at the same time, then you do not have to look any further. A Day of the Dead makeup will accomplish this goal. This may look pretty scary to children, so you may not want to show your face to them. However, adults will not have a hard time appreciating your overall look. In this article we explore everything that you need to know to start your Day of the Dead makeup.
- Keep your face clean and clear for your makeup. You can start by using a cleanser that you are comfortable using. Cleanse your face thoroughly and pat dry.
- You can map out the area where you are going to place the skull eyes with white eyeliner. You need to use white so that they are easy to remove if you make mistakes.
- Make sure that you have all of the eye makeup colors that you are going to use. This will make putting on makeup more stress-free.
- Do not forget to watch videos on how to do this makeup ahead of time. It will make a lot of difference with how well you will be able to apply your makeup.
- Remember that you are not supposed to be scary. Check out your makeup once you are done and decide if you look scary or not. If you are not scary, this is a good thing because this makeup is not supposed to be.
Process to Follow for Day of the Dead Makeup
- Prepare all of the makeup that you are going to use, and prep your face too.
- Line the needed areas.
- Decide on the color that you are going to use. A lot of people use purple and black.
- Cover the different parts of your face with a foundation that is easy to apply and remove.
- Do not forget to paint your lips too, as they should also be pale.
- You need to place some blush underneath your cheekbones to give the illusion of a “gaunt” look.
- The same shade that you have used for your cheekbones will also be applied on your lips.
- Do not forget to draw your nose with eyeliner. This is going to be tricky so it is important that you have practiced a lot of times before the actual day of putting on your makeup. Make sure that you do it slowly but steadily.
- Create flower petals around your eye sockets. Creativity is the key to a good makeup.
- You can use eyeliner to extend your lips and give an illusion that it has been sewed on both sides.
Remember that when doing a Day of the Dead makeup, you do not have to follow anything that other people have done. You should create your own design that will make you stand out.
Valerie Stitt lives in New York as a professional freelance writer, blogger, and content marketer. Follow Valerie on her health blog, Halfmile Fitness
Leave a Reply