At some point in your life, you have probably been told that the over-the-counter facial cleanser Cetaphil is the best. The truth is, the face wash and moisturizer are not doing your skin any good. These products are popular due to the big company dollars behind them. Learn more about why Cetaphil just isn’t the way to go.
What is Cetaphil?
Cetaphil products are available at any big box store, pharmacy, or online retailers. They have a line of cleansers and moisturizers in various styles along with a separate men’s line and products for babies.
What is the Problem with Cetaphil?
The wash contains only eight ingredients, which may sound good. However, Cetaphil’s main ingredients are a less than impressive solution for the following reasons.
- Non-beneficial ingredients: There is nothing found within the facial cleanser that adds to the health of your skin. There are many alternative cleansers on the market with actual beneficial properties. For example, alternatives such as Tula’s purifying face cleanser contains probiotics and superfoods to purify and balance your skin.
- Toxic ingredients: Many of the ingredients in Cetaphil are on a list of recommended products to avoid in cosmetics. This is because of their potential to be toxic.
- Dries out skin: Even though Cetaphil is supposed to help sensitive skin, it is known to dry out your face. You want a cleanser that contains moisturizing properties such as omega rich plant seed oils.
- No antioxidants: A good cleanser rids your skin of harmful agents.
- No skin calming botanicals: Skin calming botanicals help reduce irritation. Cetaphil has none.
Instead of potentially harming your skin by using Cetaphil, consider one of the safer facial cleansing creams that contain naturally helpful ingredients. There are several out there, all at various price points. L’Oreal Paris Skincare Collagen Face Moisturizer is under $10 and contains collagen that hydrates your skin and softens wrinkles. Neutrogena Hydro Boost is non-comedogenic, oil-free, and packed with hyaluronic acid. This moisturizer is only $18 and widely available. Alternatives like these will nourish and rejuvenate your skin without any damaging effects.
Case in point: Cetaphil has harmful ingredients and is better to be skipped. Instead, opt for a cleanser and moisturizer with clean ingredients. Your skin and body will thank you!